|ENTERPRISE PRODUCTS PARTNERS L P filed this Form 8-K on 02/07/2018|
(1) the Issuer; or
(2) any corporation, association or other business entity of which more than 50% of the total voting power of the equity interests entitled (without regard to the occurrence of any contingency) to vote in the election of directors, managers or trustees thereof or any partnership of which more than 50% of the partners equity interests (considering all partners equity interests as a single class) is, in each case, at the time owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, by the Guarantor, the Issuer or one or more of the other Subsidiaries of the Guarantor or the Issuer or combination thereof.
Notwithstanding the preceding, under the Indenture, the Guarantor may, and may permit any Subsidiary to, create, assume, incur, or suffer to exist any lien (other than a Permitted Lien) upon any Principal Property or capital stock of a Restricted Subsidiary to secure debt of the Guarantor, the Issuer or any other person (other than the debt securities), without securing the debt securities, provided that the aggregate principal amount of all debt then outstanding secured by such lien and all similar liens, together with all Attributable Indebtedness from Sale-Leaseback Transactions (excluding Sale-Leaseback Transactions permitted by clauses (1) through (4), inclusive, of the first paragraph of the restriction on sale-leasebacks covenant described below) does not exceed 10% of Consolidated Net Tangible Assets.
Restriction on Sale-Leasebacks. The Indenture provides that the Guarantor will not, and will not permit any Subsidiary to, engage in the sale or transfer by the Guarantor or any Subsidiary of any Principal Property to a person (other than the Issuer or a Subsidiary) and the taking back by the Guarantor or any Subsidiary, as the case may be, of a lease of such Principal Property (a Sale-Leaseback Transaction), unless:
(1) such Sale-Leaseback Transaction occurs within one year from the date of completion of the acquisition of the Principal Property subject thereto or the date of the completion of construction, development or substantial repair or improvement, or commencement of full operations on such Principal Property, whichever is later;
(2) the Sale-Leaseback Transaction involves a lease for a period, including renewals, of not more than three years;
(3) the Guarantor or such Subsidiary would be entitled to incur debt secured by a lien on the Principal Property subject thereto in a principal amount equal to or exceeding the Attributable Indebtedness from such Sale-Leaseback Transaction without equally and ratably securing the debt securities; or
(4) the Guarantor or such Subsidiary, within a one-year period after such Sale-Leaseback Transaction, applies or causes to be applied an amount not less than the Attributable Indebtedness from such Sale-Leaseback Transaction to (a) the prepayment, repayment, redemption, reduction or retirement of any debt of the Guarantor or any Subsidiary that is not subordinated to the debt securities, or (b) the expenditure or expenditures for Principal Property used or to be used in the ordinary course of business of the Guarantor or its Subsidiaries.
Attributable Indebtedness, when used with respect to any Sale-Leaseback Transaction, means, as at the time of determination, the present value (discounted at the rate set forth or implicit in the terms of the lease included in such transaction) of the total obligations of the lessee for rental payments (other than amounts required to be paid on account of property taxes, maintenance, repairs, insurance, assessments, utilities, operating and labor costs and other items that do not constitute payments for property rights) during the remaining term of the lease included in such Sale-Leaseback Transaction (including any period for which such lease has been extended). In the case of any lease that is terminable by the lessee upon the payment of a penalty or other termination payment, such amount shall be the lesser of the amount determined assuming termination upon the first date such lease may be terminated (in which case the amount shall also include the amount of the penalty or termination payment, but no rent shall be considered as required to be paid under such lease subsequent to the first date upon which it may be so terminated) or the amount determined assuming no such termination.